Health hazard

  1. Material disintegration and destruction
    Moisture rises up the walls, carrying dissolved salts and nitrates. When the moisture evaporates and dries, the salts crystallize, and since the crystallization stress is one of the highest in nature, the resulting pressure causes significant damage.
    The water in the wall changes its aggregate state.
    Frost in the winter and steam in the summer circulate in the structure, causing the constant slow destruction of the structure, i.e. the disintegration of the wall. This means that the structure itself is weakening in its functional sense. The biggest damage usually occurs in the zone of the wall where the moisture has risen, that is, where it has stopped rising.
  2. 2. Unpleasant smell of dampness
    The smell of damp is actually the smell of stagnant water in the walls that evaporates from the walls, spreading bacteria and fungi, saturating the space and causing increased air humidity.
    Such spaces are unpleasant for living and working.
  3. Health risks
    The presence of mold, water damage or unpleasant odors should be addressed immediately. People with weakened immune systems are especially susceptible to mold-related illnesses, including infants, children and the elderly.
    Mold can produce toxic substances known as mycotoxins. People exposed to toxic mold can experience a variety of health effects, including: Allergic and other immune reactions: allergic sinusitis, allergic conjunctivitis, eczema, asthma, hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and allergic contact dermatitis.
    Infectious responses: mycosis, aspergillosis.
    Reactions to mycotoxins: usually manifest as eye and throat irritation.
    Neurotoxic responses: headache, fatigue, dizziness, memory and speech problems, depression.

Share this post: